firmware

Jeremy_Sheard@Dell.com Jeremy_Sheard at Dell.com
Fri Jun 13 11:53:01 CDT 2003

>I'm using a Dell PowerEdge 2650, and because the DRAC always hangs if
>somebody does a 'telnet' to for example to port 5800. I need to upgrade
>the DRAC firmware. (as this is a known problem with the firmware). Now is
my question::
>            *    Where can I find the correct firmware for my DRAC card?
>I'm using RedHat 8.0, and I'm using the Dell Openmanage 1.4.

I'm assuming since you have a PE2650, you are referring to the ERA -
Embedded Remote Access controller.  The latest Firmware for the ERA is v2.20
and there are two formats of the firmware flash (Floppy and OpenManage).
The filenames along with the links are below.

Filename: d_0411v220bm.exe [2 MB] - Floppy format
Filename: RAC-FRMW-R59447.zip [1 MB] - OpenManage format
http://support.dell.com/FileLib/Format.aspx?ReleaseID=R59447
-or-
ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/sysman/<filename>