lightweight agent that reads OMSA like data?

John Detke jdetke at panix.com
Fri Jan 31 18:06:00 CST 2003

Hello fellow admins,

I'm currently wrestling installing omsa on some 1650's running Redhat
7.1/2.4.18-17.7 and 7.1/2.4.9-34 and not having much luck. I found lots of
useful information on how I can probably get that going, but from what I
know of it so far, it really is overkill for what I need to monitor.
Basically the ucd-snmp agent provides what I need, except for fan speed
and internal temp. Is there an easier way to get that information using
the ucd-snmp or gosh, even an perl script?

Barring that, a nice rpm that loads the OSMA stuff for these kernels might
help. One that doesn't require large packages, like say an X server, to
install would be great.

Thanks for your help,

--
John F. Detke		| They that can give up essential liberty to obtain
jdetke at panix.com 	| a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty