dog slow i/o performance with redhat kernel 2.4.18

colbey@dreamwerx.net colbey at dreamwerx.net
Fri Jan 31 15:02:01 CST 2003

I just installed the very same server 2 days ago... I was running 2.4.18
(default with distro install) and noticed a bit of lag while uncompressing
the 2.4.20 kernel for a custom compile.. but after it was installed i
haven't seen it since..

I haven't done alot with the box yet..   I'd check changelog for .18 ->
.20 perhaps..