orphaned processes on 2650's running RH 7.3

JP Vossen vossenjp at netaxs.com
Fri Jan 31 12:49:00 CST 2003

On 31 Jan 2003, Brian K. Jones wrote:

> What a lot of users do is 'ssh -X' to the box, and either shoot back an
> xterm, from which they launch vim or emacs, or shoot back gvim or
> xemacs.

> Any advice welcome and hereby solicited.

This is not too helpful, but I couldn't resist:  it sounds like you have a lot
of broken users.  Officially, this is the ID10T or PBCAK (Problem Between
Chair and Keyboard) error.  I recommend getting a big Clue Stick(TM).  I think
there is a discount for educational insitutions.

JP Vossen, CISSP              |:::======|                jp at jpsdomain.org
"The software said it requires Windows 98 or better, so I installed