e1000 issues on poweredge 600sc ...

Colm MacCarthaigh colm.maccarthaigh at heanet.ie
Wed Jan 29 18:24:00 CST 2003

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 11:49:45PM +0100, Seth Mos wrote:
> If there is no 2.4.20 linux kernel package around for debian (perhaps in
> unstable/testing) the best option is the "compile the driver yourself" path.

people wishing to kind kernels custom built for poweredge servers, with
drviers for e1000 and bcm5700, and adaptec kit may find our package
repository useful, see http://apt.heanet.ie/ for instructions.

There's also a net install iso with said modules at:

http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/heanet/

which will boot on most poweredges, and other iso's (some probably
more suitable) on http://www.domsch.com/linux/

--
Colm MacCárthaigh  /   HEAnet, Brooklawn House,     /     Network Engineer
+353 1 6609040    /  Shelbourne Road, Dublin, IE   /   http://www.hea.net/