Flash upgrade perc3/si

Jeremy_Sheard@Dell.com Jeremy_Sheard at Dell.com
Wed Jan 29 16:48:01 CST 2003

Hit <F2> "System Setup" from the POST Screen to enter the BIOS.  Take a look
either on the bottom left or bottom right corner of the screen, you should
see your Svc. Tag listed.  It may be be labeled as "Asset Tag".

Jeremy Sheard
DELL Server Support

-----Original Message-----
From: colbey at dreamwerx.net [mailto:colbey at dreamwerx.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 4:24 PM
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: Flash upgrade perc3/si

I'm just about to flash upgrade the raid controller firmware on my 2450..
(just flashed bios to latest)

The flash program says something like you must have your service tag
number programmed into the system before flashing otherwise you'll recieve
an error..

Where do I program this in?  Right now there is no OS installed yet.. i
just initialized the raidset..

Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks.