Long Boot Time

Desai, Jason jase at sensis.com
Wed Jan 29 15:42:01 CST 2003

Thanks for the quick response.

Are there any plans to provide a BIOS option (as an upgrade maybe?) to skip
the memory test, or to speed up the memory test?  We have a requirement from
the government to have a cold boot -> processing time of 5 minutes.  If it
takes more than 5 minutes to even starting booting the OS, then we will not
be able to use Dell Servers for this.

Thanks.

Jason