e1000 issues on poweredge 600sc ...

Kenn Murrah kenn at thebytebusiness.com
Wed Jan 29 15:14:01 CST 2003

Greetings ...

I'm attempting to install Debian Linux on my new Poweredge 600SC ... all is
well except for the NIC, for which I can find no drivers ....  Should I:

1. Install a different NIC, and if so, which one, to get around the problem?

2. Switch to Red Hat, for which an e1000 module comes on the installation CD
?

3. (and i REALLY hope this is possible) Can someone tell me how to use
Debian with the built-in NIC ?  (and please keep in mind that, though I
follow instructions reasonably well, I have no experience in dealing with
modules or compiling yet) ...

Any and all help appreciated ... i REALLY need to get this box running soon.

thanks,

kenn