Long Boot Time

Jeremy_Sheard@Dell.com Jeremy_Sheard at Dell.com
Wed Jan 29 15:04:01 CST 2003

The only option is to hit the "Spacebar" (this will skip/bypass the Memory
Count), thus...allowing the server to boot faster.

Jeremy Sheard
DELL Server Support

-----Original Message-----
From: Desai, Jason [mailto:jase at sensis.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 2:00 PM
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: Long Boot Time

This is not necessarily Linux specific, but does anyone know how to speed up
the boot time on the PE6650?  I have 8 GB of ram in it, and it stays on the
Dell boot screen with the white bar going across for over 5 minutes.  I did
not see any option in the BIOS that looked like it could speed this up.
Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

Linux-PowerEdge mailing list
Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com