extend ext3 filesystem

Seth Mos knuffie at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 29 04:19:00 CST 2003

At 15:35 28-1-2003 -0600, Alexander Lazarevich wrote:
>Thanks Steve,
>
>Price is right all right.
>
>Any idea on when kernel 2.6 will make it out?

My guestimate is somewhere fall 2003.

Could be off by a year though.

>BTW, I would use XFS if I didn't have to recompile it into the kernel
>every time I upgrade the kernel. And I need ext3 for the journal.

Ehm? If you recompile the kernel yourself then what problem is it to select
XFS under filesystems?

You don't have to patch it yourself perse. There are XFS kernel RPMS out
there for all sorts of flavors and you can always fetch the CVS tree which
is up to date with the latest 2.4 or 2.5 tree.

Cheers
--
Seth