extend ext3 filesystem

Steve Mickeler steve at neptune.ca
Tue Jan 28 15:27:00 CST 2003

no, you need to unmount the volume to resize.

You can pay the mega bux and get veritas volume mananger and file system
for linux and grow & shrink online all you wish.

you dont have to use ext3 with lvm, so I dont see how ext3 can suck in
this situation :)

anyways, both lvm and ext3 are priced right for my needs.

FYI, in kernel 2.6, online resize support is supposed to be available.