extend ext3 filesystem

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 28 15:13:00 CST 2003

We've got a dell PE4600, with Rehat linux 7.3, using LVM 1.03, and kernel
2.4.18-19.7.xsmp.

I want to resize an ext3 filesystem while it is mounted. Is there any way
to do this? If I need to compile something into the kernel, please just
let me know what it is and where I can get it.

Man, I just can't believe you can't do this while the fs is up. If you
can't then ext3 sucks big green donkey *****.

Thanks in advance!

Alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu