OMSA event log

Joshua_Giles@Dell.com Joshua_Giles at Dell.com
Tue Jan 28 14:47:00 CST 2003

Do you have the omsa cli installed (omconfig? omreport?)  If so, try this:

mybox#>omconfig system -?

You should see plethora of options including:

alertlog	#Clears alert log
cmdlog	#Clears command log
esmlog	#Yep, that's right it clears the ESM (Embedded System Management
Log)

Read ya,

Joshua Giles

"No robes, el gobierno odia la competencia" -- El Presidente

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lesniak [mailto:TLesniak at lyrix.com]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 4:06 PM
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: OMSA event log

I came across the following in the archives and have successfully
implemented this to take a look at the hardware's information. (through
snmpwalk commands)

Now I've run into the problem that my event log has grown to the max size
of 255 and it will not insert any more events into the log.  How can I
clear out the log??

I'm not running OMSA in it's entirety, only the necessary packages so I can
get the info via snmp.  So therefore I don't have any GUI, only a command
line interface.

     - Tom

-- from
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2002-July/008855.html----

download same tarball and just install these rpms (find for
them, they are all in the same spot. then restart snmpd.

dellomsa-4.60-3524.i386.rpm
ServerAdministrator-1.0-0.i386.rpm
dellomsa-drivers-4.60-3524.i386.rpm

there is a mib in one of those rpms, so you can get at stuff via
snmp, e.g.:

snmpwalk -v1 -Os -m /usr/lib/dell/openmanage/omsa/mibs/10892.mib myserver
public temperatureProbeReading
snmpwalk -v1 -Os -m /usr/lib/dell/openmanage/omsa/mibs/10892.mib myserver
public chassisServiceTagName

-- craig