Red Hat errata kernels for test...

Norman Gaywood norm at
Mon Jan 27 15:47:00 CST 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 11:11:50AM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> I have received permission to post the latest release candidate of
> Red Hat's errata kernel.  It contains not only fixes for e1000 and tg3
> net drivers, but also system-level fixes which may address the problems
> users on this list were seeing.

I know it's not your area but do you know if this kernel fixes any VM
issues in bigmem kernels?

I'm currently using the 2.4.20-2.9bigmem kernel from rawhide and although
there still seems to be VM problems, they do not bring down the system.

Note I am also using the tg3 driver at 100M/bit in 2.4.20-2.9bigmem and
have not had any lockups.

Norman Gaywood -- School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2351, Australia
norm at
Phone: +61 2 6773 2412     Fax: +61 2 6773 3312