Red Hat errata kernels for test...

JP Vossen vossenjp at netaxs.com
Mon Jan 27 10:29:01 CST 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 11:20:41AM -0500, JP Vossen wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> >
> > > I have received permission to post the latest release candidate of
> > > Red Hat's errata kernel.  It contains not only fixes for e1000 and tg3
> > > net drivers, but also system-level fixes which may address the problems
> > > users on this list were seeing.
> >
> > Does that include time sync/NTP problems?
>
> You'll have to be a lot less vague :)  Red Hat bugzilla bug numbers?
>
> I'm not aware of a sync/NTP problem, but then again, I'm mainly a
> network driver guy...

Sorry, you said "problems users on this list were seeing."  I and others have
been posting issues about the clock getting way out of sync (enough to kill
NTP) to this list.  I don't have any bugzilla numbers, and otherwise I guess
you've answere my question.  See the list archives or e-mail me directly for
details if you're interested.

Later,
JP
JP Vossen, CISSP              |:::======|                jp at jpsdomain.org
"The software said it requires Windows 98 or better, so I installed
Linux..."