OMSA on Debian, web-interface

Falk Stern f.stern at ATM42.mobile.de
Mon Jan 27 02:39:01 CST 2003

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 14:03:31 +0100
Tore Felix Munck <tfmunck at frisurf.no> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a Dell Poweredge 1400 and a 2500.
> I read the instructions on how to install OMSA on Debian and tried to
> do it.
>
> I installed OMSA on Debian, with .deb packages from Matt Domsch's
> Linux page.
>
> Everything installed fine,
> dellomsta starts and the following process runs:

[dell management processes]

> I use standard snmp packages from Debian (3.0).
>
> But the web-interface doesnt work.
> Nothing listens to port 1311.
>
> Any ideas how I can get the web-interface work?

You have to install the OpenManage Server Administrator. (Search for
R43374 on the dell website). After this, at least omreport works, all
other tools mutter about a missing "pam_stack.so", which seems quite
RedHat specific to me. I got "omreport" working this morning and am now
deploying it on our servers..

Greetings,

Falk Stern

--