Hi...

LOUIS KALU louiskalu at zapo.net
Fri Jan 24 13:21:01 CST 2003

Dear Friend,

I am obliged to intimate you that the intention here is to establish a long lasting relationship. Before digressing further I would like you to know that I worked as a member of
 Contract Review/Payment Committee inaugurated by the present Democratically Elected Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria headed by General Olusegun
Obasanjo (rtd). We are empowered to diligently review , re-appraised, scrutinized and approved contract payments to contractors who executed contracts under the past
military regime and our work is almost concluded.

In the course of our work we discovered this fund, which resulted from grossly over invoiced contracts, which were executed for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
(NNPC) by a consortium of several Foreign Companies like ABB LUMMUS, J.G.C. CORPORATION JAPAN, BOUYGUES OFFSHORE AND A JOINT VENTURES OF
 SPIEBATIGNOLES AND DRESSER GMBH FOR:
(1) THE EXPANSION OF THE PIPELINE NETWORK WITH NIGERIA CRUDE OIL AND DOWNSTREAM PRODUCTS DISTRIBUTION AND SUBSEQUENT EVACUATION.
(2) CONTRACT FOR THE TURN AROUND MAINTENANCE (TAM) OF THE VARIOUS REFINERIES IN THE COUNTRY.
(3) THE CONSTRUCTION OF STORAGE TANKS FOR PETROLEUM PRODUCTS (DEPOTS).
Amounting to the tune of US$230Million but was over invoiced to US$290Million. And we deliberately approved these payments and all contractors have been paid with these
projects executed and since commissioned leaving the sum of US$60m floating in the escrow account of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) ready to be paid for the technical
 services of item  number  2 as stated above.
Also I would want you to know that our Civil Service code of conduct forbids us from owning foreign companies or operating foreign accounts while in Government service
hence we are contacting you to be part of this transaction. We intend to use you as a front to get the over invoiced amount of US$60Million out of the Government coffers
to a designated account by you. Not regarding your field of specialization (investment) you are going to forward us with any company name that we will claim executed the
 technical services in the turn around maintenance of the refineries mentioned above. All logistics are in place and all modalities worked out for the smooth conclusion of the
 transaction within ten to fourteen days of commencement after the receipt of a positive response from you.
In furtherance of our desire for a 100% risk free accomplishment of this project, we intend to bring all the processes of the fund release within the frame of an actual fund
release for a contract officially perceived to have been executed by you for the NNPC. The funds would therefore be released by the Central Bank of Nigeria in her capacity
as the banker to all Federal statutory corporations in my country of which the NNPC is one. In effect the general perception of all Government establishments concerned with
 the issuance of Approvals for the release of the funds would be that of approving a contract payment for a contract believed to have been done by you. You are therefore
able to appreciate the magnitude of confidentiality required to be maintained by us all, as this is of paramount importance for a 100% risk free project guaranteeing our
enjoyment of the proceeds of the project with absolute peace of mind. To buttress the authenticity of the funds release, we intend to bring all aspect of the Project within the
realms of all laid down procedures as obtained in proper contractual payment transfer, thus giving the Project and the transfer itself all legitimacy, ensuring total consistency
 with all legal requirement. All modalities have been put in place, to immediately retrieve and destroy all documentation relating to the funds release immediately after the
transfer has been made. We are influentially placed to bring this non undermindable desire to fruition.
The officialization of this project, is therefore important, to render unchallengeable authentication of the funds once they arrive in your account, because it is a contract
 payment devoid of any inconsistencies with procedural law or otherwise of our country and the UN. In effect, if any inquiries are made by your bankers, on arrival of the
 funds in your account, there will be no ugly incident occasioned because the authenticity of the funds as a contract payment, can be ascertained by them.You are going to
get 25% of the fund by posing as the beneficiary of this fund while my colleagues and I will get 70% to ourselves with which we wish to invest in Agriculture and Mechanized
Farming in conjunction with you and 5% will be set aside for reimbursement to both parties for all expenses incurred locally and internationally during the realisation of this
 transaction, including telephone bills, as a matter of fact you are expected to take a sincere inventory of your telephone bills. It is imperative to let you know that I am also a
project engineer with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (N.N.P.C). Despite researches carried out to verify and ascertain your personality we can only move ahead
 if you can further assure us of your transparent honesty, diligency and promise to help and treat this proposal with utmost confidentiality. We are men of proven integrity in
our various fields who have put in 22 - 30years in the Civil Service of our country, we are therefore averse to having our image and career dented. That is why we should
acknowledge the fact that confidentiality is the key to the smooth conclusion of this risk free transaction. Lastly my colleagues and I would rely on your business acumen
towards our investment plans. Please reply ASAP so as to enable me update my colleagues.
Best Regards
LOUIS KALU