Server Adminsitrator for new kernel 2.4.18-18.7.x

Lee, David Y. dlee at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jan 24 12:22:00 CST 2003

I tried following Jason's instructions on his site as well as bits I've found on the mailing list archive, yet still no go:

RH7.2, 2.4.18-18.7.x, PE1550

After installing the dellomsa-drivers rpm, then modifying dcesm.c, and executing './dellosmaesm start', I get:

[root at web01 bin]# ./dellomsaesm start
Building device driver for running kernel:                 [  OK  ]
See /var/tmp/esm.map for output from insmod.
See Dynamic Kernel Support in the Server Administrator readme.txt file.

[root at web01 tmp]# cat esm.map
/lib/modules/2.4.18-18.7.x/misc/esm.o: kernel-module version mismatch
        /lib/modules/2.4.18-18.7.x/misc/esm.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.18-17.7.x
        while this kernel is version 2.4.18-18.7.x.

I was under the assumptiong that the dynamic kernel support would build the driver for this kernel as well?

I'm sure I've done something stupid, any help?

Thanks
Dave