Temperature Readings

Frank Louwers frank at openminds.be
Thu Jan 23 17:05:00 CST 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 04:49:32PM -0600, Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com wrote:
> You can download the MIB from dell.com... somewhere... I think there is
> somebody on the list that can tell you exactly, but you can probably just do
> a search for MIBs for OMSA.

Yes, I have the MIB (they are in brecht's package), but it's not very
clear: temperatureProbeType.1.1 = temperatureProbeTypeIsAmbientESM(3)
temperatureProbeLocationName.1.1 = "Motherboard Ambient"

does that mean it's motherboard temp, and not CPU temp? Isn't 37-38
degrees C high then?

My question was rather: what would be normal ranges?

Kind Regards,
Frank Louwers

--
Openminds bvba                www.openminds.be
Tweebruggenstraat 16  -  9000 Gent  -  Belgium