Updated tg3 driver available

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at redhat.com
Thu Jan 23 10:34:00 CST 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 07:13:09PM -0500, Gabriel Rosenkoetter wrote:
> I tried it on a production system today when we had an NFS read hang and
> had to reboot to clear the zombied process anyway, and just a cat of a
> small file on the low-processor-usage system hung the NFS mount in the
> same way. This is across a Tigon3, using the tg3 driver (provided the
> aragorn kernel respected my /etc/modules.conf, but I think it's a safe
> presumption that it did).
>
> Jeff, any thoughts?

Although this is networking-related, it sounds like this is an NFS
issue, not necessarily a network driver issue.  I've been using my
"aragorn" test kernels on our NFS/NIS/Kerb network here, and it survives
both light usage (on my workstation) and heavy usage (stress testing in
our perf lab).

I'm also curious about the zombie process you mention -- do you truly
mean a process in 'Z' state?  Or do you mean a process stuck in 'D' state?

	Jeff