2650 - tg3 on 2.4.18-19.7.xsmp rh7.3 ... OOPS YET AGAIN

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at parallab.no
Thu Jan 23 07:45:00 CST 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 10:42:48PM +1000, jason andrade wrote:

> Can you please provide some more detail on your hardware/software/application
> config as this might help with diagnosing problems for the people who have
> had issues with the 2650 platform.
>
> In particular, what is the network load like and  what kernel are you running.

We could reliably kill our two PE 2650 running RH7.3 (with kernel
2.4.18-18.7.x) by running the NetPIPE benchmark for a few minutes
over the broadcom network interfaces. We got hard hangs. The cursor on
the console was still blinking, no errors, and no reactions on network
or keyboard acivity.

After upgrading to 2.4.20-rc3 in november, we've had no problems.

NetPIPE is available from http://www.scl.ameslab.gov/netpipe/

  -jf