2650 - tg3 on 2.4.18-19.7.xsmp rh7.3 ... OOPS AGAIN

Gabriel Rosenkoetter grosen at cc3.com
Wed Jan 22 18:18:00 CST 2003

At Wednesday, January 22, 2003 12:42 AM,  David Hubbard:
> I'd put an Intel/3Com card in and give up.  As long as
> Dell goes the cheap route on just about everything, they'll
> keep using garbage Broadcom network cards since they get
> them cheap on the ServerWorks-based motherboards.  Those
> are the most unreliable cards I've ever seen, and I must
> say they're the only card I've seen that is universally
> hated by unix and Windows admins at the company I work for.

And *I'd* say don't use Intel gigabit cards if you have
long-running, moderately high-I/O-usage processes, because you
*will* get a hw tcp csum error, and your process *will* get killed
because of it. Yes, even with the "fixed" driver (it just happens
far less frequently).

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
grosen at cc3.com