dell 600SC

lars@levonline.com lars at levonline.com
Tue Jan 21 09:01:00 CST 2003

I'm thinking about buying a handfull of cheap low-end servers with the following
specs:

PowerEdge 600SC IDE
ServerWorks GC-SL chipset
1,7 Celeron Processor
512MB ram
Software or hardware IDE raid (haven't tested the IDE-hardware raid on this
machines)

I can't find theese machines under the Red Hat "Hardware Compatibility List"
and I'm intrested know if theese machines do run Red Hat 7.0 and Red Hat 7.3
without any big headaches or hangups? The usage will be running things such as
snort, backup syslog machines and stuff like that that I want to separate from
my main server farm without shelling out a lot of cash.

Best regards
/Lars