SNMP

Joshua_Giles@Dell.com Joshua_Giles at Dell.com
Mon Jan 20 17:53:00 CST 2003

>>Does Server Administrator depend on having the Dell SNMP support installed
and working?
Don't quite understand this this question.  But, if you wish to recieve
hardware generated SNMP traps then yes.

>>What do I have to do to /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf to get UCD-SNMP to see the
Server Agent? Or >>should it "just work" once the Server Agent is running?

To allow Server Administrator to "connect" to the SNMP agent(ucd or net),
you will have to add the "smuxpeer" option to snmpd.conf.  Basically, Server
Agent uses SMUX(subagent) to interact with SNMP.  The option looks like
this:

"smuxpeer .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1"

10892 is Dell's IANA assigned enterprise number.

The "smuxpeer" option enables interaction with a SMUX subagent.

In order to recieve view the Dell subtree you've got to create a "view" and
give access to it.
`man` is your friend.

Joshua Giles