Allocate lots of memory => core dump

Eric Swenson eric at reaction-eng.com
Mon Jan 20 16:17:01 CST 2003

Marc,

I'm sure that there are people here more knowledgable with I, but I believe
that the per-process memory limit is 3GB with 2.4 kernels, Windows XP pro, or
win2k adv. server, and only 2GB per process with 2.2 kernels, Windows 2k Pro,
etc. (on ia32 machines).

I'm not an expert on this, though, so YMMV, but we've been running into this
ourselves under different circumstances.  Specifically, I don't have any
experience with >4GB IA32 boxes.

-Eric