Remote boot

'Harold van Oostrom' pedge at
Fri Jan 17 06:23:00 CST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 03:16:39AM -0800, James wrote:
> Supported Web Browser:
> Netscape 6.01 or later available here:

Have you actually tried this ? Obviously not. It does not work.
See Matt's announce on Nov. 4th 2002.

You can even find this buried deep down on the Dell website:
 * The RAC Web-based interface is not accessible on systems running
   Linux with Netscape Navigator.
For a partial fix see:

> I do know Mozilla will not work.

But Mozilla + j2sdk-1.4.1_01-fcs is still lightyears ahead of Netscape.
Forget about Netscape it's been dead for ages.
> Here is some good documentation as well:

Now that you mention it, where is this mysterious version 1.2.3 of serveradmin ?
Also the OMSA docs fail to mention that it has a tendency to not work on tuesdays.
It's reliable Jim, but not as we know it.

Please read this list before contributing !
There's already a wealth of information there, not just about RAC issues ! ;-)
You can conveniently access the archives from here:
You can even download the full raw archive in mbox format.