SNMP

Simon MacMullen s.macmullen at ry.com
Fri Jan 17 05:20:01 CST 2003

----Original Message-----
From: McDougall, Marshall (FSH) [mailto:MarMcDouga at gov.mb.ca]

> Whenever we see a blinking yellow light on our Dell boxes,
> it's because one
> of the power supplies is not plugged in.  Hope it's that
> simple for you.

Thanks, but the machine only has one power supply so I suspect that bit's working.

Can anyone answer any of the following questions:

Does Server Administrator depend on having the Dell SNMP support installed and working?

What do I have to do to /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf to get UCD-SNMP to see the Server Agent? Or should it "just work" once the Server Agent is running?

Is it even vaguely possible to install the Server Administrator on a Debian system? I don't mind being restricted to the CLI and installing it by hand, but I don't know which bits go where.

Is there a simpler way for me to find out why the light's blinking, or have I just made things impossible for myself by not using Red Hat?

Thanks to anyone who can help...

Simon