SNMP

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Thu Jan 16 14:43:00 CST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, McDougall, Marshall (FSH) wrote:

> Whenever we see a blinking yellow light on our Dell boxes, it's because one
> of the power supplies is not plugged in.  Hope it's that simple for you.

the amber warning light is just that.  it might be a PS issue, or a failed
disk or even the machine cover is not closed properly (intrusion detection
switch isn't pressed down fully)

you would normally use afacli and OMSA to work out what is wrong to resolve
it.

after you resolve the problem you sometimes still have it continuing to
blink - OMSA has an option to "clear failure/light" or similar.

regards,

-jason