2650 - tg3 on 2.4.18-19.7.xsmp rh7.3

Eric Swenson eric at reaction-eng.com
Wed Jan 15 19:31:00 CST 2003

My 4600 with 2.5GB, RH8.0, 2.4.18-19.8.0smp, connected to a gigabit port still
dies when I try it with tg3.  I can't afford for this machine to crash again
with experimental drivers, so I'd still recommend the bcm5700 driver for now
(zero crashes in the last couple of weeks since I switched to bcm5700,
compared to ~1/day with tg3).

$.02.  Don't be tempted by the dark side of experimental drivers unless you
can afford for the box to go down.

Jeff, thanks for spending so much time on this issue.  I look forward to
seeing your latest, (hopefully) stable tg3 driver in a future rh8 errata...

Eric