PowerEdge 4600 and RHAS 2.1

CBeck@coradiant.com CBeck at coradiant.com
Wed Jan 15 15:13:00 CST 2003

As long as you don't use RAID-5.  See archives for howls of pain wrt
RAID-5, PERCx/Di|Si, and databases.
--
-Chris

|         |           Mohammed_Khan at dell.|
|         |           com                |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           linux-poweredge-adm|
|         |           in at dell.com        |
|         |           15.01.2003 15:13   |
  |       To:       rick.root at duke.edu, linux-poweredge at dell.com                                                                 |
  |       cc:       Nicolas_Pujol at dell.com                                                                                       |
  |       Subject:  RE: PowerEdge 4600 and RHAS 2.1                                                                              |

Rick,

Running a 4600 w/ RAID PERC3/DI should be fine w/ both RH 2.1 AS and
Oracle.
In the future, you can visit dell.com/oracle to get more information
regarding running Oracle+Linux on Dell.

Thanks,

Mohammed Khan
Lead Engineer
Enterprise Solutions Deployment - Oracle
Dell