2650 - tg3 on 2.4.18-19.7.xsmp rh7.3

Rechenberg, Andrew ARechenberg at shermanfinancialgroup.com
Wed Jan 15 15:07:01 CST 2003

I have upgraded to 2.4.18-19-7.xbigmem and changed to use the tg3 module
and I have had no issues at all with the NIC or the server locking up.
Our network-based backups actually went from taking 3h45m to 3h15m so it
seems to give better performance.

We have a quad Xeon 1.4GHz PowerEdge 6600 with a PERC3/DC and a
PERC3/QC.  Runs as a heavily used database server with no issues.  I
would recommend tg3, but ONLY in 2.4.18-19 Red Hat kernels
(std,smp,bigmem).

Hope this helps,
Andy.