1650 power consumption.

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Tue Jan 14 05:22:00 CST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Philip Rowlands wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Steve Mickeler wrote:
> >Can anyone let me know the average current utilized by a dell 1650 with 2
> >power supplies ?
> >
> >2 x 275W power supplies = 550W
> The power supplies are 1+1, i.e. you have one "hot" and one spare. They
> will not both draw full current at the same time.

hi philip,

have you checked this with both supplies in your measurements ? i have been
informed by dell thatthe power supplies are indeed "live" (i.e equal draw
from each) and from what i can see in our testing with UPSes both PSes are
indeed drawing power.  they don't draw full power but they certainly draw a
bit more than 50% each at the same time (i.e it appears to be a "load balancing"
type scenario)