PE2650 and NFS mount settings

Eric Swenson eric at reaction-eng.com
Fri Jan 10 21:37:00 CST 2003

Darren,

I think there have been several dozen messages about this lately.  You can
check the list archives, but the general consensus seems to be to use 1k for
the best speed & stability for serving nfs from linux..

Eric

On Friday 10 January 2003 19:53, darren wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I got a PE2650 running on a GigE switch.
>
> Anyone got any recommended settings for optimum NFS mount from the
> PE2650 to another one?
>
> I am using the default mount with rsize and wsize = 32KB I think. Tried
> 8192 and it seems slightly faster.
>
> Any other things I should try?
>
> Regards
> Darren

Eric J. Swenson
Information Systems Administrator                eric at reaction-eng.com
Reaction Engineering International               Phone: (801) 364-6925 ext. 26
77 West 200 South, Suite 210                     Fax: (801) 364-6977
Salt Lake City, UT 84101                            www.reaction-eng.com