tg3 Drivers kernel 2.4.18-10smp

Jared Saul jared at petfinder.com
Fri Jan 10 15:22:01 CST 2003

Hi,

Back in August I installed 16 poweredge 2650s.   We made the (then unknown) discovery that the bcomm drivers were non-functional and updated the kernel/redhat to use tg3 drivers (had to update everything to keep the openmanage compatable).

Anyway,  the tg3 seem to work... more or less.  I have intermitten kernel freezes on a couple of machines and have noticed the Octet count doesn't report correctly along with some other  flakey behaviors that are tempting to atttribute to the network driver.

So, my question is:
    Should I change the network drivers when I'm onsite next week?
    If so,  to what (tg3 or bcomm)
    And, what's the easiest way to do this?  Will I need to reload the kernel, compile to drivers?  Can I just drop them in and load them as a kernel module with insmod?

Thanks-

Jared