PE2550 & Intel 1000 F & VLANS & CISCO 3548G

John Pang whoami1234_1234 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 10:41:10 CST 2003

Hello everyone,

I currently have a PE2550 with an Intel 1000 F NIC.
This NIC is to be connected to a 1000BaseSX GBIC on a
CISCO 3548G switch. I will be running RedHat Linux
7.3/8.0 on this server.

I am thinking of connecting this NIC so that it can
access the multiple vlans on the switch. Preferably I
would like to use 802.1q instead of Cisco's
proprietary ISL.

Has anyone successfully got this configuration to
work? May I know what drivers to use under RedHat
Linux on what to configure on the trunk port on the
3548?

Many thanks for your time and have a nice day!