I cannot build smp kernel from kernel-2.4.18-19.7.x.src.rpm

Dario Palmisano Dario.Palmisano at icgeb.org
Thu Jan 9 03:53:00 CST 2003

Hello,

I have a PE4600 with 2 Xeon 1.8Ghz, 4Gb RAM. I downloaded the
kernel-2.4.18-19.7.x.src.rpm (from www.redhat.com) and tried to build the all
the default binary rpm of the kernel (I need the smp version), but the smp
version is not built. I checked the spec file, buildsmp is set (%define
buildsmp 1).

I need to build from source because I have to compile the module for iANS.

Is there any mistake? I did not change anything?

Thanks for any suggestion

Dario

Dario Palmisano
ICGEB Computer System & Network Manager

Tel:              +39 040 3757330
Fax:              +39 040 226555
E-Mail:           Dario.Palmisano at icgeb.org

International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Area Science Park, Padriciano 99,  I-34012 Trieste, ITALY