kernel hanging problem - nfs?...

Wesley T. Perdue wes at
Wed Jan 8 20:59:01 CST 2003

Thanks again for your help.  I moved all clients to 1024-byte r/w blocks, and the whole-server hanging seems to have been resolved.

Individual processes are now hanging.  I increased the number of nfsds from 8 to 16; that seems to have helped, but I'll need to wait 'til tomorrow's heavy load for the final verdict.

I noticed in the current NFS-HOWTO:

that they recommend increasing the socket read/write buffer size when increasing the number of nfs daemons.  Did you do that on your server(s)?