Server Diagnostics Jeremy_Sheard at
Mon Jan 6 15:12:59 CST 2003

The filename for the Diags on a PE2300 is:  diag388j.exe  and it's ONE
Floppy and bootable.

Jeremy Sheard
DELL Server Support

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian E. Seppanen [mailto:seppy at]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 3:01 PM
To: linux-poweredge at
Subject: Server Diagnostics

hi folks:

I had a 2300 reboot on me at random, and unfortunately the server doesn't
have any of the diagnostic utilities available on a specific partition,
and I don't seem to have any bootable cd's for the model in question.

Is there a set of floppies that I can download and create that would allow
me to run some tests on the hardware to verify that there aren't any
hardware problems?

I didn't have much luck finding any floppy based diagnostics, but I could
swear that in the past I've used a set...   If someone could remind me of
where I could find them I would appreciate it.

Brian Seppanen
seppy at
906-228-4226 ext 23

Linux-PowerEdge mailing list
Linux-PowerEdge at
Please read the FAQ at or search the list
archives at