Dell Debian OMSA packages

Frank Louwers frank at openminds.be
Mon Jan 6 12:03:00 CST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 12:32:23PM -0500, Sean McAvoy wrote:
> Hello,
> I know this was discussed sometime ago (Oct. I think). I was wondering
> if any progress had been made on the packages, and possibly  if they
> were available (even a beta)?

Nope.

AFAIK, one dell client reported he got them from Dell. After which the
following happened I think:

- Redhat gets mad at dell (Redhat + Dell = "strategic partnership")
- Dell gets mad at client

Dell refuses to comment.
Dell releases a statement (weeks later) that it is "trivial" to get the
OMSA packages to work on Debian, and that Dell Tech Whatever is going
to release a HOWTO.

Weeks later: still no howto.

Kind Regards,
Frank Louwers

--
Openminds bvba                www.openminds.be
Tweebruggenstraat 16  -  9000 Gent  -  Belgium