Perc4/Di Driver Disk for SuSe Enterprise Server 8.0

Andrew McCall it.andrew.mccall at oldham.gov.uk
Fri Jan 3 03:54:00 CST 2003

Paul wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am after a driver disk for SuSe Enterprise Server 8.0 to support our
> Perc4/Di on our new PE2600.
> I would normally be confident in doing this myself as I have done previously
> with slackware but I am new to SuSe 8.0.
> Any pointers/advice/disk images/help would be greatly appreciated.

You basically need to follow these instructions to create a new boot disk :

http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/hmeyer_driver_update.html

I have tried, but the kernel source code that SuSE ships never seems to
compile for me, or if it does its for a single processor kernel, or the
kernel ID is different from the one that gets installed, so the module
doesn't match, etc. etc.

Perhaps we could email SuSE and get them to create a new set of boot
disks for SuSE 7.2/7.3/8.0.

I don't mind hosting them on my servers, and making some instructions on
how to use them.

If anyone is interested, or anyone knows friendly engineers at SuSE who
might help out with this, email me back and I can start to arrange this.

--
Thanks,

Andrew McCall
Internet/Linux System Administrator