afaapps/afasnmp for RH7/8/9

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 08:31:01 CDT 2003

> > o a dependency on the arts package - for one of the libraries in it which

As has been commented previously...

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2002-November/010434.html

That's worked fine for me even on a new Debian 3.0 install after converting
the afaapps RPM to a .deb using alien.

> > o a dependency on an older SSL release for the snmp stuff which is also
> >   annoying to need.. and means we don't deploy this anywhere though we'd
> >   like to consider this..

I found this, too, and after installing the current OpenSSL package from
Debian, I simply linked the libssl.so.1 -> libssl.so.0.9.6 and libcrypto.so.1
-> libcrypto.so.0.9.6.

This satisfied afasnmpd, and I'm now happily monitoring the PERC remotely via
the UCD-snmpd supplied with Debian 3.0, and not a trace of OMSA in sight! :))

I understand these symlinks are 'non-standard' and this will violate the
policy of various corporates, but "it works for me!" :)

Cheers,
Gavin.