Backup/Disk Image Server

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Aug 28 15:08:01 CDT 2003

Pottinger, Hardy J. wrote:

> Hi, I remember a while back someone mentioned some software that let's you take an image of a filesystem and store that on another server (sort of like Ghost, only GPL'd). The whole thing is set up for bare metal recoveries. I'm not thinking of Mondo or mkCDrec. Perhaps I dreamt it? :-) I've been digging through the list archives for a while, but can't seem to find the link, so, I thought I'd just ask if anyone knows where I might find this software, or if it even exists? Thanks!

I swear by systemimager (www.systemimager.org) for my linux clustering
projects. It handles both the 'install from bare metal' as well as doing
incremental updates to running systems via methods that don't tie you
down to one particular app packaging mechanism.

I've used it on multiple Dell cluster deployments without problems.

-Chris

--
Chris Dagdigian, <dag at sonsorol.org>
BioTeam Inc. - Independent Bio-IT & Informatics consulting