Perc 320/DC Linux7.2

John_Hull@Dell.com John_Hull at Dell.com
Thu Aug 28 14:28:01 CDT 2003

8.0 and 9 should support the card just fine, but you'll need a driver disk
for 7.2 and 7.3. You can get a dd from Adaptec here:
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.html?sess=no&lan
guage=English+US&cat=/Product/ASR-2200S#Linux

-----Original Message-----
From: Brent DiNicola [mailto:brentd at cicada-semi.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 2:18 PM
To: Linux-Poweredge at dell.com
Subject: Perc 320/DC Linux7.2

Hello, we recently purchased 4x 146gb drives with a perc 320/dc
controller to upgrade one of our systems to have a raid 5 partition for
space. I have some trouble in that no matter which rh I try to load on it
7.2/7.3/8, none of these see the controller. I have found a small amount of
information on Matt's Linux page but it just mentions it in passing. Has
anyone gotten this to work? I would think that a driver disk might work but
I don't know how to make one just for this controller. If anyone has had
this working or made a driver disk or has the information on this controller
and rh please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

--
Brent DiNicola