PE 1750 - LSI 1030 and FreeBSD

Valery Roche vroche at univ-poitiers.fr
Thu Aug 28 07:18:00 CDT 2003

Hi all,

Well I know that FreeBSD is not a linux distribution, but I thought that
someone could help me. Please excuse me if this message is out of topic,
but let me know :)

I'm trying to install FreeBSD on PE1750 with a LSI controller and 2 HDs
: 36GB and 73 GB.

The LSI is recognized, but during the install process -when booting
exactly- it seems that the system freezes, and I don't know why.
You could answer me that FreeBSD is not compatible with PE1750, but one
guy did it : http://prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl/~gregory/FreeBSD/delli386.html

Is there something to do, like preparing the HDs before install ?
Something else ?
I'm trying to do that since last week. I'm near the nervous breakdown.
Please, help !!!

Thanks in advance

Sincerely,
Valery Roche