Kickstart and PXE boot Dell PowerEdge for initial setup

Ed Griffin edg at ll.mit.edu
Wed Aug 27 19:43:00 CDT 2003

Alright I give up, I feel stupid but I figure I will ask you guys since
you seem to always have the answers... :)

I want to set up a PXE/Kickstart config, I have kickstarting working if
I boot from CD and I can boot PXE and install interactively.  What do I
do now?

As of right now I am just using the standard RedHat packages for
tftp-server and pxe-0.1 actually running on my RHEL beta box.  I have 22
1750's enroute and I don't want to stick CD's in each or install
interactively.

Is there something I can type at the "Enter kernel parameters:" line or
something I can add to my PXE boot server to tell it what ks.cfg file to
use?

Again I feel stupid, because I have done the google thing for the last 3
hours.  And I just don't get it.  :(  Detailed instructions would be
appreciated.

--Ed

Ed Griffin
Assistant Network/System Administrator