2.88MB Floppy support

Tim_T_Murphy@Dell.com Tim_T_Murphy at Dell.com
Wed Aug 27 16:38:00 CDT 2003

the tftp update are in the racadm user guide on the doc cd,
or use racadm help fwupdate for a synopsis.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Bruno [mailto:sean.bruno at metro1.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 3:20 PM
To: Murphy, Tim T
Cc: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com; jdc at nextjet.com
Subject: RE: 2.88MB Floppy support

Well, can a higher density floppy image be added to the supported
types?  It would be very beneficial to people that are trying to use the
advantages of the DRAC if they could load image larger than 1.44MB.  If
this is not possible, can your people stop releasing BIOS/Firmware
updates on mulitple floppy disks?  Or, can they provide instructions on
how to update the DRAC via TFTP?

Right now, the latest updates are not in the same format as the previous
releases, and the DRAC doesn't know how to TFTP them(still looks for one
firmware file called firmimg.bm1).  Now there are at least six different
files that are "flashed" to the DRAC from the multiple floppy disks(2
disks actually), which is why I am trying the higher density floppy disk
images in the first place.

As I was typing, another message came in on this subject:
           From:
Johnathan Conley
<jdc at nextjet.com>
             To: