DRAC Identification

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Tue Aug 26 23:36:01 CDT 2003

> Maybe you can see it from inside, too.
> I have a 1650 with ERA/O installed, and "lspci -v"  is showing:

Excerpts from current pci.ids file from pciids.sf.net:

> 00:08.0 Class ff00: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 000c
>         Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 000c

        000c  Remote Access Controller:ERA or ERA/O

So yes, you've got an ERA or ERA/O (which is the equivalent functionality
as the DRAC3 add-in card, only embedded or half-embedded/half-optional).

> 00:08.2 Class ff00: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 0009
>         Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 0009

        0009  BMC/SMIC device not present

This may seem wierd to list a PCI device which really means "not present",
but it's true.  Your baseboard management controller (BMC) features are in
the ERA/O, you don't have yet another chip for those features.  Platforms
where ERA isn't present have a BMC, then you add in the DRAC3 card.

> And then please submit your missing part of pci_ids.h to Alan's current
> representative on earth...

They're present in pciids.sf.net, which gets regularly incorporated into
the kernel. :-)  Here are the other entries for server management
controllers.

        0007  Remote Access Controller:DRAC III
        0008  Remote Access Controller
        000d  BMC/SMIC device

We're trying to keep the official lists up to date, honest!

--
Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer