DRAC Identification

Eberhard Moenkeberg emoenke at gwdg.de
Tue Aug 26 17:24:01 CDT 2003

Hi,

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 Zachary_Reneau at dell.com wrote:

> One thing you might try that would be accurate is to boot the system and
> look to see if it shows a CTRL-D option in POST. If it's not there then no
> you don't have a management card.

Maybe it is much easier (without booting):
The "link" LED at the ethernet port will lighten if you connect the
port to a switch.
The LEDs will stay off if the ERA/O card is not installed.

Maybe you can see it from inside, too.
I have a 1650 with ERA/O installed, and "lspci -v"  is showing:

00:08.0 Class ff00: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 000c
        Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 000c
        Memory at feb80000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
        I/O ports at ecf8 [size=8]
        I/O ports at ece8 [size=8]
        Expansion ROM at fe000000 [disabled] [size=64K]

00:08.2 Class ff00: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 0009
        Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 0009
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 30
        I/O ports at ecf4 [size=4]

Maybe it is one of these...

"cat /proc/ioports" is showing:

ece8-ecef : Dell Computer Corporation Embedded Systems Management Device 4
ecf4-ecf7 : PCI device 1028:0009 (Dell Computer Corporation)
ecf8-ecff : Dell Computer Corporation Embedded Systems Management Device 4

But you would see these only if a driver is running (esm.o).

Hey. Dell, please put some light into this mystery.
And then please submit your missing part of pci_ids.h to Alan's current
representative on earth...

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke at gwdg.de, em at kki.org)