Server dies under heavy I/O

Álvaro Palma apalma at custodium.com
Tue Aug 26 15:29:01 CDT 2003

Mensaje citado por Basil Hussain <basil.hussain at kodakweddings.com>:

> Should I suspect the RAID array's controller? Bugs in the aic7xxx SCSI
> module? Bugs in the kernel? A corrupt filesystem? (Even though every
> unclean
> shutdown recovered from the journal cleanly).

The aic7xxx driver doesn't manage any RAID card, afaik. You probably have a
software RAID attached to a non-RAID SCSI card, such as Adaptec 39160, am I
right?  If so, I think you should clarify your question.

Or you have a hardware RAID, connected to a RAID-SCSI card, such as PERC3/*?

--
Atte.
Álvaro Palma