Debian Woody on PowerEdge 1600SC

Frederic Briere fbriere at fbriere.net
Tue Aug 26 15:22:01 CDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 11:52:39AM +0200, Souchon Yann wrote:
> 3. Scott Kveton ISO : I have downloaded
[...]
> "There was a problem installing the Drivers from
> /instmnt/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/bf2.4/drivers.tgz"

I had the same problem myself, and I couldn't find the kernel on the CD
filesystem.  That didn't bother me too much, since I was about to
recompile my own kernel anyway.

In this case, proceed with the rest of the installation, igoring the
kernel issue.  When you're done, reboot with the CD still in the drive,
and give this to LILO:

  rescue root=/dev/your_root_partition

This will effectively load the kernel from the CD, and then boot your
system as usual.

Compile and install a new kernel as you see fit, run lilo, eject the cd,
reboot and enjoy.

             Frederic Briere    <*>    fbriere at fbriere.net

 =>  <fbriere at abacom.com> IS NO MORE:  <http://www.abacomsucks.com>  <=